Why get tested for Prostate Cancer?
As Australia’s most commonly diagnosed male cancer and the second leading cause of cancer related death in men – there are many good reasons to get tested!
- research has shown that testing can reduce the death rate from prostate cancer from 20 to 44%
- early detection of prostate cancer is key to enabling better outcomes and potential cure of prostate cancer
- prostate cancer can be cured, especially when the cancer is still confined to the prostate gland
- early stage prostate cancer often has no symptoms
- it can be life threatening to wait for symptoms to appear before seeking assessment
- prostate cancer that is diagnosed late can be incurable
Be proactive and get tested – it could just save your life!